During all my student’s life, I have had many teachers. In my first years at school, I could feel some of them loved me and loved their job. However, during middle school, things changed completely. Few teachers knew my name and I had teachers that called us by our numbers. In high school, there was no change. And then I started to believe that it was really sad being a teacher.
A few years later, I started my graduation. Curiously, I was studying to be a teacher, and it was not because it was my dreams’ job but it had a good employability. One night, I had the most incredible American Literature class. Professor Evanir Pavloski taught us with such passion I could not believe that teaching could be that way.
I started as an English teacher at public schools in 2010. It was a scary experience. Most of my colleagues told me I should not show my feelings, and I should not smile, never. I was a sad teacher with sad students. Teaching became my burden.
In 2016 I started my a thrilling journey in the TESOL course. Teaching was presented to me in a different and lovely way. Professor Ivers taught me that teaching must be passionate, positive, inspiring, inviting, meaningful, and transformative. I changed. My teaching changed. My students changed. Nowadays, I am a happier teacher with happier students. Now I know that teaching can be the most grateful job in the world.
Wow! I love that you shared both sides of your teaching experience. What exactly do you do differently now?
ResponderExcluir